- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced (we used baby carrots)
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups noodles, uncooked
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and in bite size pieces (we used a rotisserie chicken)
- salt and pepper
1. In a large stock pot, or dutch oven, melt butter with olive oil over medium-low heat.
2. Add carrots, celery, onion, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook veggies until tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Pour in broth, turn heat to high, and bring to a boil.
4. Add noodles, and cook for about 9 minutes, until noodles are tender.
5. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer, stir in chicken, and cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is heated through.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.