For the frosting:
(Frosts about 24 cupcakes, I usually freeze the leftover cupcakes)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
1. Beat butter for about 2 minutes. Add cocoa, milk, and vanilla extract.
2. Slowly add in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. If it gets too thick, add a little bit of milk.
To finish cupcakes:
- Caramel filling (I used store bought, but you can make your own if you'd prefer)
- Rolos for topping
1. Core centers of cupcakes and fill with caramel.
2. Frost cupcakes and drizzle caramel over the frosting. (Works better if caramel is cold)
3. Top with Rolos