Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips
Recipe from: sixsistersstuff.com
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag of Doritos, Nacho Cheese flavor
- 2 cups flour
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 Tablespoon of garlic salt
1. Cut chicken into strips. (The size just depends on how many you want)
2. Crush the Doritos chips. (Use a food processor if you have one. We don't, so we just made a
small hole in the bag, to get the air out, and then used a rolling pin to crush the chips into
3. Mix flour and salt in one bowl. Whisk the eggs in another bowl.
4. Set up bowls in order: chicken, flour/salt mixture, whisked eggs, and lastly, Doritos.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set next to the Doritos bowl.
7. Lift one chicken strip, or a couple, and place them in the flour. Make sure they are evenly coated.
8. Lift chicken out of flour and shake off any excess.
9. Place them in the eggs, again make sure they're evenly coated.
10. Remove from the egg bowl, and place them in the Doritos, making sure they're evenly coated.
11. Place completed chicken strips on the cookie sheet.
12. Repeat with remaining chicken strips.
13. Bake in the oven for about 17-20 minutes.
I made my husband do the actual dipping.. he had to wash his hands a few times :p He said it was worth it though because these were so yummy!