Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
recipe from: yummyhealthyeasy.com
Lately I've been looking for something to eat for breakfast.. Sometimes yogurt and granola just doesn't cut it :P These muffins are so delicious, and a lot easier to make than I thought. They even passed the taste test of my dad, a former coffee shop owner who used to make his own muffins! .
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake/muffin liners.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
3. In another bowl, combine beaten egg, milk, oil, and almond extract.
4. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just moisten.
5. Spoon batter into muffin liners (about 2/3 full). Bake 15-20 minutes.