Strawberry Shortcake Rice Krispies!
I love rice krispie treats! And since summer is getting ready to kick into full swing, I wanted a light and refreshing version of krispie treats! Enter strawberries and cool whip... yummy!
A perfect treat for a hot day :)
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 heaping cups of angel food cake squares
- cool whip
- 2 cups diced strawberries
1. In a large bowl, mix rice krispie cereal and angel food cake squares. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in large, non-stick, saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir in marshmallows, and keep stirring constantly until melted.
4. Remove from heat and gently stir in cereal/angel food mix. Mix well.
5. Pour into a prepped 9x13 baking pan, and press evenly.
6. Let cool and cut into squares.
7. Top with a scoop of cool whip and diced strawberries
* Instead of prepping my pan with nonstick spray, I just line it with wax paper... maybe that's just me being lazy :p