Baked Mozzarella Sticks
recipe from: preventionrd.com
Baked Mozzarella Sticks: (makes 12)
- 6 mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut in half
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Lay egg roll wrap diagonally and put one piece of cheese in the corner.
3. Begin to roll (see left picture below)
4. At the mid point of the wrap, fold in each side, and continue rolling. (see right picture below)
5. Smear a tiny bit of water along the edges and rub to moisten and seal the wrap.
6. Arrange on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the oven.
7. Bake 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
I can't say they're as tasty as the fried kind, but these are healthier, and that makes it worth it. They're still pretty dang yummy :)