Root Beer Float Cupcakes
Photo and Recipe inspiration from: abeautifulmess.com
These cupcakes were so yummy! I like root beer, but I don't love it, so I chose to make my favorite chocolate cupcakes without any root beer taste; the frosting is where we added the root beer flavor :)
Frosting (makes about 2 cups)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons root beer concentrate
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- paper straws cut in half
- maraschino cherries
1. Whip the butter butter and concentrate until well combined and almost fluffy.
2. Incorporate powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, until desired consistency.
3. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
* If the frosting becomes too thick, add a tablespoon of milk.
* We used root beer concentrate because that's all we could find, if you have root beer extract, use 3 teaspoons. The frosting may be lighter in color.