"Healthier" Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce
Recipe from: flouronmyface.com
If you saw our "A" date post from last week, you'll know we made Fettuccine Alfredo for dinner! This is the recipe we used, which seemed to have a little less fattening stuff than a lot of recipes :p We'll use a little bit less salt next time, but otherwise it was wonderful!
- 1 (1 lb) box of Fettuccine noodles, cooked
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (I think we'll use 1/2 teaspoon next time)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a medium sized pot, heat butter, salt, and pepper over a medium heat.
2. Once butter has melted, add the flour and whisk until smooth.
3. Slowly pour in the milk in and whisk.
4. Turn heat up a little bit, to medium-high.
5. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. (Add more cheese if the taste isn't strong enough for you)
6. Continue whisking about 5-7 minutes until sauce has thickened.
Sauce will continue to thicken a bit as it cools
We dished out the pasta, and then added our own sauce, but you could also mix the pasta and sauce together and then dish it out like that. We also served with these easy dinner rolls!