Super Bowl Series: Cupcake Recap!
Obviously, this morning I am very happy! We are huge Ravens fans, so it was pretty exciting! I love making cupcakes, and I love trying new ways to decorate them! So here's what our cupcakes for Super Bowl looked like :)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (sifted)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Line cupcake tins and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Sift cocoa into a medium size bowl. Pour in the cup of hot water, and whisk until completely dissolved.
4. Add buttermilk, then add sugar, and whisk until combined.
5. Add eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix again.
6. Take flour mixture and whisk until wet mixture.
7. Stir in heavy cream until evenly mixed in.
8. Pour batter into cupcake tins, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let cupcakes cool completely.