Whole Wheat Oatmeal M&M Cookies
Honestly, I'm really excited to share this with you guys!! My two favorite cookies are whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip, and M&M... so I was thinking, why not combine the two?! So that is what I did! I also used Valentine's Day M&Ms because Valentine's Day is a couple weeks away! :)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 (12.6 oz) bag M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line cookie sheets and set aside. I have 3 cookie sheets, and I'm pretty sure I used each one twice.
3. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butters and sugars together.
4. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Slowly add whole wheat flour and beat until well combined.
6. Add in baking soda, baking powder, and salt, beating until well combined.
7. Add in oats and mix until well combined. I actually use a spatula to do this, because it's too much work for my little hand mixer!
8. Fold in the M&Ms.
9. Scoop cookie dough on cookie sheet.
10. Bake 10-12 minutes.