Mini Valentine's Day Heart Funfetti Cakes
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
(plus more for the sprinkles on the frosting)
I honestly don't even remember where I got these mini cake pans from, but they were cute, so I bought them! Typical right? Well I figured with Valentine's Day coming up, it was the perfect time to use them!
They didn't turn out quite as "hearty" as I had hoped once they were frosted..but they tasted yummy!
So here's what I did:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Beat sugar and butter on medium-high speed for about 3 minutes.
4. Lower speed, and add eggs, one at a time. Scrape bowl as needed.
5. Add vanilla, and mix until well combined.
6. Reduce mixer speed to low, and add half of the flour/baking powder mixture. Mix.
7. Pour in milk, mix.
8. Add other half of the flour/baking powder mixture. Mix until well combined.
9. Fold in sprinkles with a spatula.
10. Fill mini cake tins with batter. (As you'll see in my pictures, I filled them about 2/3 full, it was way too much, and next time I'll only be filling it about 1/3-1/2 full)
11. Bake for 18-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. (Like I said, I filled mine way too full, so they took awhile.. checking with a toothpick is just always the way to go, every oven is different!)
12. Allow them to cool for a few minutes, and remove cake from pan.
13. Allow to cool completely, and frost the cakes!
14. Top with sprinkles!